Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Our Busy Weekend

What a busy weekend! My girlfriend Stacey sells Leah Sophia jewelry so to start the weekend off, Alex and I drove to her house so Alex could hang out with the boys and I could spend money I don’t have on jewelry. Alex LOVES going to Travis and Stacey’s house to hang with her three boys. Stacey’s husband Travis stayed home with the boys and off I was to accessorize myself. I purchased so many cute pieces and I can not wait to receive them so I can show off my bling bling baby! Then on Saturday, Alex and I were off to another party….this time a purse party at Amber’s house. Alex was HORRIFIED that I would take him to a purse party and he begged me to find a babysitter, but I was not about to pay for a sitter to come and watch him for 30 minutes. So, despite his resistance, we piled in the car and plowed over a heap of snow behind my garage. I had so much fun at Amber’s and I found two very cute handbags…one for practical purposes and one to use as a school bag for my books.
After the purse party, Alex had to get his haircut since the child grows sideburns faster than any grown man I’ve ever met. I had to laugh because Alex had to take an issue of sports illustrated with him when he was getting his hair cut. He is 110% boy!
Then later Saturday night, we went to the DSU girls basketball game and man was it an exciting one! The girls won by two points with a buzzer shot. This brings them to the championship game on Tuesday against the School of Mines. Congratulations and best of luck girls!!!
To finish off the weekend, Alex had a birthday party to go to, but wasn’t able to stay too long since he wasn’t feeling too well. We purchased the movie Flushed Away, ordered pizza, and called it an early night. Whew! Oh, and notice that I didn't say anything about homework this weekend??? I need to get crackin!

6 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Love my new purse! But boy, two parties in one weekend...you better graduate and get a dang good job if you want to keep that schedule up:-)

Just Mom said...

You should probably finish up that homework before spring break starts next week. :-)

Lori said...

The jewelry party sounds like fun! I like to wear jewelry so I will have to go to one of those sometime.

I like my new purse too.

It sounds like you had a very busy weekend.

That is a cute picture of Alex getting his haircut!

Amanda said...

i think i'll be working through spring break in order to pay off my expensive weekend!

Amber said...

I think you forgot to mention that while at our house Alex received a couple "loves" from Shayla!
I'm glad everyone loves their purses!!

Amanda said...

HA! yes - Alex had lots of loves from Shayla!! Alex received hugs and kisses from Shayla before he left on Saturday. My favorite part was when she looked at you with those big ole eyes and said "i won't do this at school". It really didn't take long for Cory to answer me when i asked if we were invited over anytime soon.