Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Guess Who's Back?

I haven't updated my blog for a couple of days and I have so much to write about that it's ridiculous. So ridiculous that I woke up this morning talking to myself and I assumed it was because I haven’t put any of my thoughts down on my blog. Blogging is good and inexpensive therapy for me.
Well, the most important and significant thing to tell you is that Alex is home! YEAH! He traveled with his dad and his grandpa to Missouri last week to see his grandma. The kids didn’t have school on Friday or Monday so off he was. They traveled all the way to Missouri in a little car with 2 men, a 6-year-old, and a dog. Not my idea of a vacation, but whatever. Alex had a great time visiting his grandma, Aunt Amie, and his cousin Darreon. Alex even brought me back a little souvenir from Missouri. He found a snow globe with little dolphins around it and was so proud of himself because he bought it with his own money. Here is a picture of Alex with the snow globe – it’s a little difficult to see since I took the picture in black/white.
The first thing he did when he arrived home was chase the cat around. It’s so funny because as he is chasing the cat and the cat is running from him, he says “mom, the kitty missed me”! After Princess gave in, Alex is sitting there holding him and he looks at me and says “Mom, I think that I understand why Princess is sad sometimes. It’s probably because he misses his mommy”. It’s nice to have a break every now and then, but I wouldn’t trade him for anything in the world.

5 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

Oh that is so precious! I often wonder how little kids feel when they spend some time with one or the other parent...obviously he misses you.

How sweet.

Just Mom said...

Welcome back. To both you and your Alex.

Amber said...

That busted me up...he misses his mommy! I LOVE it!

Lori said...

I replied to your other post and didn't see this one the first time.

That is so sweet that he brought you back a gift and that he misses you.

Very cute story about the cat missing his mommy.

Amanda said...

That was the gift that he brought into Mr. Movies that night we seen you Lori