Thursday, June 28, 2007

Crazy Week

Uff Da - What a week! Alex has had t-ball, swimming lessons, football and I've had an accounting test, two assignments, and a paper on Judaism due so far this week. WAHHH! Last night I was actually so desperate for a glass of wine but couldn't find my corkscrew. So I did what any other rational person would do, I just decided not to have a glass of wine. NOT! I took the bottle outside, placed it on the end of my steps, and took a hammer to the end of the bottle and broke off the cork. I have a full bottle of wine sitting in my water jug at home since I had to transfer the wine into something else. I've just invented the redneck corkscrew.

Anyway - this past weekend I took Alex to a rodeo. We didn't get back until 1:00a.m. and he was so tired that the T-ball derby was a no-show for us. :( But we went to the pool in Brookings with my girlfriend Stacey and her boys and had a great time. I have tons of cute pictures on my camera that I would LOVE to show you....as soon as I get them transferred. You know what I need - I need a personal assistant. Someone to do my grocery shopping, hall Alex to and from event, clean, cook, take care of my bills. WAIT - I just described a wife. Never mind I guess - I'm exhausted but not questioning my sexual orientation.
The picture above is of Alex and I at the rodeo that I took with my cell phone camera. My cousin bought Alex these goofy things that you put on your teeth and they light up. I assumed the batteries would be dead by now but no such luck. Why is it that the batteries for my remote, camera, clock, etc die SOOOOO fast but those for irritating toys last forever?


15 comments:

Kerrie said...

I really hope you've never seen me at tee ball and then I walked right by you. I really hope that's never happened. Has it happened, Amanda? Has it? (giggle)

Tracy said...

Cute pictures...I didn't realize that John was Alex's coach!

Sounds like you had a good time this weekend. Lots of running around and FUN with MOM!

How was the rodeo!?

Teresa said...

The wine story has me in stitches! Hilarious!

Amanda said...

HA - yes Kerrie. Alex and I were walking by the other day and there you were with your nose it the air strutting your stuff around. We felt so small. why would you do that?

I'M TOTALLY KIDDING!!! Alex plays at 11:00 – what time does Nathan play?

Amanda said...

Oh and Tracy - loved the cowboys....I mean the rodeo (hehehe)

Kerrie said...

Natey plays at 10 tomorrow. Here's the deal though; Alex's team scrimmage against Nathan and Dawson on Tues and Thurs. I was there on Tuesday. Were you?

Amanda said...

Kerrie - Tue I was breaking wine bottles on my sidewalk

J/k - I'm a moron and scheduled Alex's swimming lessons for 10:15-10:45 this week. So, Alex hasn't been at the last three practices but we'll be at the game tomorrow.

Jamie said...

"I've just invented the redneck corkscrew" .... love it!! Such a innovative (desperate hehe) woman!!

The tball is so cute!! We played your team on Saturday!! Too bad we missed ya.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

amanda i about spit my soda on the screen when i read the "i just invented the redneck corkscrew"...that's HILARIOUS!

Lori said...

Cute tball picture of Alex.

I bet you had a fun time at the rodeo.

You had me laughing too that you had to go out and break the top off of your bottle of wine so you could have some. hehe

Wow you have been busy.
I feel like we are running so much too. Derek has baseball and that football camp too. I saw Alex there a couple times...he was leaving as we were coming.

Just Mom said...

"I took the bottle outside, placed it on the end of my steps, and took a hammer to the end of the bottle and broke off the cork."

...and you didn't invite me?!

Amanda said...

Just Mom....we could have had TONS of laughs trying to get that bottle opened

Amber said...

LOL! The redneck corkscrew!

Great picture!

0:) Amber

PS- My post today is in your honor.

Andrea said...

"So I did what any other rational person would do, I just decided not to have a glass of wine. NOT! I took the bottle outside, placed it on the end of my steps, and took a hammer to the end of the bottle and broke off the cork."

Sounds like something I'd do! Hey, when you need a glass of wine, you need a glass of wine - no matter how you get it! Right?! :) Glad you were able to have your glass of wine!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I love the baseball picture.