Tuesday, June 5, 2007

We Have A Dog!


Meet the newest member of our family - RufRuf. RufRuf was made with lots of love and lots of laughs by Alex at the Wacky Bear Factory. This is my type of pet - doesn't potty on the floor, we can toss him in his backpack and go for a bike ride, if we forget to feed him....oh well, doesn't bark, doesn't need shots, doesn't shed, and he's still very cuddly and lovable. It was Alex's idea to make a bear (dog) and I usually walk right by these places in a rush, but this time I decided we'd try it. RufRuf also has a Letterman jacket that resembles the Madison Bulldogs and he has is own football. The picture shows him snuggled in his sleeping bag. If you have never made a bear, before the animals heart starts beating, the owner makes a wish. They can wish for anything that their little minds could possible want. Alex wished for ice cream! That's right - ICE CREAM! Love it

10 comments:

Jamie said...

Very cute picture! :)

Marissa loves that place. She always wants to go there. It would cost a small fortune to go there all the time. :)

Amanda said...

It really is ridiculous Jamie - and I have a boy who really isn't into accessorizing (thank God) because you could really spend a fortune on accessories for these bears. The “bear” in and of itself isn’t too bad, but then there are a million different outfits that you can purchase.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

ya know what that wish tells me? you must be meeting an awful lot of his needs! that's awesome.

we haven't done this yet...but it would be a great way to spend a birthday with mom or something...how spendy is it?

Amanda said...

It is tons of fun and would make great mom or grandma/grandma gift. I wanted Alex to sing a song or something more personal then a dog barking, but he said "that's too girly" When we were in there, there was a dad who brought his girls in and they were making one for their mom. They said something like "happy birthday mom - we love you"

The dog itself was $15.00 I think, but they we bought a sleeping bag for him, a jacket, football, and a backpack. That is where they gouge you! Bear - $15.00. Accessories - $30.00. Look on Alex's face when I told him we didn't have enough money for ice cream - priceless. (I’m just kidding - there's always money for ice cream ;)

Tracy said...

Dawson and I made an army bear when Mark was in Iraq. It was a very sad thing unfortunately. My little guy just wanted his daddy home. We might have to do it again and see what he comes up with. LOVE the picture...I am glad Alex had fun!!

Dawn said...

Very cute. We have walked through the store many times. Someday we will participate. Right now my daughter is 9 mos so for her it isn't a big deal yet.

Just Mom said...

Neat idea. I'm going to have to do this for my little guy. Love the photo of the two of you, by the way. I can see a lot of love between the THREE of you. :-D

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

What a great thing to do!! Sounds like a great pet!

Lori said...

Very cute dog!! Now that is my kind of dog too. One that doesn't shed or potty on the floor. HeHe.
What a fun thing to do with Alex.
We've never done this before either.

Anonymous said...

Few things match the joy of a new dog in the home. Few things are as frustrating as house training them...lol.