Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lost Shirt

Alex attended a junior golf clinic yesterday and yes, I rained for 80% of it but they still managed to get out on the green and the driving range for some tips. I go to pick him up and he is sitting in the club house hanging with the boys at the table. I left work to pick him up so I was in a hurry to get him in the car and be on our way. My first mistake was to tell him that I was in a hurry because this has a direct adverse affect on his speed. As we were walking out I noticed that he WASN'T wearing the shirt that I put him in earlier in the day. I asked him where his shirt was and whose shirt he was wearing. He gave me that look that said "oh oh" and glanced out the window which was being pounded by the rain towards the course and said "it's out there". Apparently, the shirt he had on was an old one in his bag that I'm sure we just used to clean off his clubs. Let me describe the shirt to you, it was an underwear shirt that was a size 4T - he wears size 7 in little boys. I've been wondering if the individuals at the golf course have been talking about that poor little boy whose mother carries around a Channel purse but doesn't dress her son in cloths that cover his body. This isn't the first time he's done something like this and I don't think it's too much to ask of my child that he returns with all of the cloths that he leaves with. I may force him to wear a potato sack around town if this continues. Ahhhh! So if you're out on the golf course and you see a white baseball shirt with #5 on the back - call me.
After we arrived home he started looking for a pencil to write in his Golfing Rule Book. He HAD to write rule number 43 in the book. What is rule number 43 in the Golfing Rule Book - HAVE FUN!!!

12 comments:

Andrea said...

What?! You didn't want to run out there and look for it??? You big pooper! ;)

Amanda said...

Yes, I could have went straight from the golf course and entered a wet t-shirt contest. Oh wait - I have NO boobs

Jamie said...

How did he loose his shirt....did it get wet and he take it off and go shirtless....haha!! Kids....makes you wonder what goes thru their little heads!!

Tracy said...

I love the golf rule...HAVE FUN!!

Sorry to hear he somehow lost his shirt...interesting!

Amanda said...

Alex is ALWAYS loosing articles of clothing. I don't know how or why -but it seems to happen to us frequently. If you even been driving down the road and seen ONE shoe and you ask yourself "hmm, I wonder how someone lost one shoe" - well I can't answer how but I can answer who! It was probably Alex!!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

hee hee hee...i've lost articles of clothing on a golf course too. ummm, i mean, what? that's craziness!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Oh, that's so funny, I have one that is always losing clothes and one that always has extra (borrowed from his friends).

Amber said...

At least he's loosing clothes now...and not after a night out with his girlfriend at age 17!

Amanda said...

GOOD POINT AMBER!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh - now I'm having anxiety. I've already decided that he's not allowed to leave the house on a date unless I'm on it as well.

Dawn said...

I have a 12yo that is my "loser" of things. Though she usually manages to come home with the clothes she was wearing, just the jacket, gloves, hat, etc. missing.
I am hoping (I'll let you know if it ever happens!) that she will grow out of it!

And I think you discovered another Mommy Law (per Just Mom) the more of a hurry the Mom is in, the slower the child will go.

Just Mom said...

Please tell me you didn't take your Channel purse out in to the rain. :-)

Dawn, I already did that Mommy's Law. It's law #4. :-D

Lori said...

I hope you find his shirt.
My kids have lost plenty of clothing items too: gloves, hats, coats.