Wednesday, June 20, 2007

C*R*A*N*K*Y

I'm in a bit of a crankster mood today so I thought I would make a list of things that twark me off! No offense to anyone who may recognize some of the behaviors in my list - I'm sure I do plenty to twark you off too! And if I don't, then hang around me for a day, I guarantee you'll be changing your tone.

  • Confederate Flags - especially in the North! Let me tell you a little secret.....YOU LOST THE WAR. Now get on board with the American Flag here people

  • UG - I can not stand seeing this and it's not because of the "Ford" reference! Really....You DISLIKE a vehicle that much? There are so many more things to dislike that a certain make or model of a vehicle....like people who fly confederate flags
  • People who hound non-drinkers into having a beer. My partner in crime (aka Stacey) does not drink and I am always astounded by the ignorance in people when the discover this and they spend the rest of the evening trying to talk her into having a drink. What is the big deal??!!?? Get over it and buy me a beer!
  • People who stand on the dance floor Move out of my way so I can do the funky chicken.
  • Paying $2.00 plus for a gallon of gasoline
  • Negative people Okay - I know I'm on the cranky side today, but I'm usually a fairly "glass is half full" type of gal. I'm talking about the people who are ALWAYS complaining about their jobs or ALWAYS soooo busy or ALWAYS allowing themselves to become victims of their surroundings
  • People who make "pet peeve" list
  • People who say "I hate cops" Good luck the next time someone breaks into your house or the neighbor of yours is being just a bit too noisy
  • Adult cartoons on Cartoon Network I understand they are on late but why do we need to have inappropriate shows on a network geared towards kids?
  • Atheist Let me get this straight...your belief is that you believe in nothing? How long did it take you to come up with that one genius?
  • Superstar kids and the parents who gloat I'm so happy that your child could read before he/she was potty trained but I'm still trying to get mine to understand why we can't share an ice cream cone with the neighbors dogs so leave me alone!
  • Street jargon I am not going to pretend that I am the leader in the English language, but when did "I ain't going to nothing to nobody" become a sentence the was widely understood in the country? I could make another list here such a "gangster being a positive term" or "bitches and hoes" being something that even women refer to other women as....but I won't ;)

Okay - that's enough for now....I feel much better.



12 comments:

Tracy said...

Sorry it's a cranky day for you...hopefully the list made you feel better. Maybe also the fact that I agree 100%. Love the cop one! :)

Jamie said...

You go little miss cranky pants!! hehe

To make you feel better I agree with your list when I am happy and mad!

Amanda said...

Yeah - I feel this way when I'm happy and mad as well but the difference is when I'm mad - I'll actually go up to someone who is doing something on my list and tap them on the shoulders to inform them how irritated I am. When I'm happy Amanda, I'll just walk away singing "I feel pretty" (refer to Anger Managment movie)

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Love the list!

Amber said...

I'm cranky today too...well no, I would describe my mood today more like down-right BITCHY!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

oh my goodness amanda that made me laugh like you wouldn't believe! love them all! been in the "force the non-drinker to have a beer" scene before...you are so right- drop it, shut up or buy me one!

i would so love to see you do the funky chicken:-)

oh, i am so glad i stopped over here today!

~ Amy ~ said...

Amanda you totally made my day. I absolutely love your sense of humor. Oh how I wish we lived a little closer so we could hang out. I hope your day is going a little better now and "Happy Amanda" is back.

Just Mom said...

"Superstar kids and the parents who gloat I'm so happy that your child could read before he/she was potty trained but I'm still trying to get mine to understand why we can't share an ice cream cone with the neighbors dogs so leave me alone!"

Amen!!

Amanda said...

ha- thanks Heidi and Amy - usually my sense of humor is the reason people STOP stumbling by my blog!!

Lori said...

I'm glad you could get that all out.
I agree with all of them too.
I don't like the price of gas either.
Nor like when people make other people drink.

Kerrie said...

Those were enjoyable! I hope your day is better. ;)

Karenkool said...

Great list Amanda! Bahaha!