Friday, June 1, 2007

Memorial Day

Wow - has it really been a week since I've updated my blog? I'm SURE that you've all been wondering if I feel off of the earth. Well, no I didn't - but would actually like a trip from the planet earth for a day or so.

My original plan for memorial day weekend was to go camping with my family. However, I'm a fair-weather camper so unless it's 90 degrees and sunny, I'm not too excited. So when my girlfriend called and said she needed a break from the city, I was MORE than happy to offer her a safe haven in the Dakotas. Her boyfriend is being....what's the word.....ummm.....less than worthy (I'm being nice). So luckily, I'm heading to the cities this weekend to let Steph know how wonderful she is. The picture above is us on our first bottle - I mean glass of Merlot. Yes, we are drinking our wine out of Miller High Life glasses (thanks Ang)
Alex went to see his dad on Saturday so Steph and I could catch up on life and what better place to catch up - Skinner's Pub! I was floored when I ordered a martini and they charged me $12.00 for a martini with absolute vodka! We must have been mingling fools that night because we met a whole bunch of people that night. Maybe it was the hat. Anyway, we had a great weekend catching up on life - lots of laughs, tears, frustration, and it wasn't all because of the wine. heheh. Steph has been a great friend and Alex and I love her dearly.
Speaking of Alex, his head has healed well and I want to thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. It feels good to know that this world we live in is full of good-hearted and caring gals like yourselves. May God bless all of your lives in every way possible. Alex is now a 1st grader!!! And, thankfully (Amber) he's not a Meany pants and he's tall! He's in a world of activities this summer including t-ball, invention camp, football, and swimming lessons. Haven't quite figured out how I'm going to get him to all of these activities, but much like life, we'll figure it out as we go!

Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful Memorial weekend even if you didn't go camping.

I'm so glad Alex is doing better.

Have fun in the cities!!! Wish I could go with you. We are headed to the cities(Twins Game) later this summer!

Jamie said...

I am glad you had a great weekend and that Alex is healed!

I also like bottles of....oh oh I mean a glass of Merlot!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

you look like you should be stepping off of a yacht (sp) in that outfit...at least there you'd expect a $12 drink:-)

i hear you on the camping in crap weather- we're headed out this weekend...i'm already complaining!

so cool that you have a great friend and that you ARE a great friend.

in the list of alex's activities- i obviously was reading to quickly because i thought it said, "inTERvention camp" :-) is that for selling illegal gum on the school yard?

Amanda said...

INTERVENTION camp - ha! Alex – help me to help you

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

It's great to have good friends like yours...they make life so much better. I'm glad you can enjoy each other so much.

Glad to hear Alex is doing better.

Tracy said...

I am glad you had a good time with your friend. It's fun to get away and have no worries!! Well, besides if you should order another one of those drinks or not!! HA!

Amanda said...

At $12.00/drink, there was no worries about me having "too much" cause there is NO way I could afford to have "too much"

~ Amy ~ said...

Sounded like a great weekend get-away. I love the hat - FUN!

Just Mom said...

Drink up, woman! (No. I'm not promoting alcoholism, although that seems to be a running theme lately.)

Glad Alex is doing better. What a guy.

Kerrie said...

Amanda - could you e-mail me?

ker911@hotmail.com

Thanks!