Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Left foot....left?

Yes, he inherited my gracefulness! I receive and email from Alex’s kindergarten teacher saying that he had a mark on his forehead from an accident earlier that day. I’m thinking that it’s a little scratch but nope – he has a big ole egg on his forehead. I asked him how it happened and he said that he was running at recess and tripped over Hannah. You tripped over Hannah? I understand tripping over a kindergartener if you’re like 7 feet tall….but when your only four feet from the ground yourself, how do you trip over a body laying on the ground? YEP – defiantly my son!

Later that night we went to the community center for their underwater Easter egg hunt. Alex had a lot of fun swimming around collecting eggs. The kids received cute little goodie bags that included hats, pencils, stickers, and candy after they were finished. Here are a few pictures from our night. When I was putting him to bed tonight, I asked him if he knew why I loved him. He looked at me and said “because I’m smart, funny, nice, cute, snuggly, I have a nice smile, I listen, I clean my room”….he mentioned a few more other items of admiration but I think we’ll stop there. I think he feels pretty good about himself and confident in the reasons he is loved. And I was worried he would say no, why you love me?


5 comments:

Amber said...

A big 'ol Easter egg is right! However, when she showed me last at the CC I think he was kind of proud of his battle wounds!!!

Amanda said...

I think so too Amber. Look at that grin on his face!!! I looked at it this morning and was bummed because it was healing. I think he's getting allot of attention at school for it. Knowing Alex, he's probably laying on the coach in the nurses office letting them feed him M&M's for his battle wounds and showing off to all of the girls in kindergarten how tough he is!

Lori said...

Ouch. Poor guy.

Derek also tripped over another kid and landed on the pavement yesterday too. His teacher emailed me.
He scraped and cut his knee. Skinned up his snow pants and sweatpants. Good thing he had snow pants on. It probably softened the landing a bit.
At least it wasn't his head.

I forgot about the Community Center egg hunt. Was there lots of kids there?

Amanda said...

Man - it was a bad day for the pavement yesturday!

Ummm, there were a few kids there but not alot.

Tracy said...

Battle scares must be a BOY thing for sure! Dawson has 2 scares on his forehead. 1 needing stitches. Crazy kids!! HA!