Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Easter?

Well, it was a very happy Easter, just not a very healthy one. Alex was feeling great on Saturday! My girlfriend Stacey and her two younger boys, Jasper and Jonah, drove to our house Saturday afternoon and the boys played for a couple of hours before coloring Easter eggs. They somehow managed to rearrange the furniture in Alex’s room without Stac and I hearing them in the next room. According to the ring leader - AKA Alex M. Lindner - they were attempting to reach the toys that were in storage by moving the dresser to the wall, then moving the bed to the dresser so they could climb aboard. (I’m still puzzled to how they moved all of his furniture….do they have Jedi powers?) The youngest one took at nose dive to the floor before we figured out what was going on in the other room! It's so much fun having them around though! Jasper and Alex get along wonderfully and Jonah...well Jonah just cracks me up! Nothing really bothers this kid too much and he definatly gives his mom and dad a run for their money. He's very lucky to have two great parents! Then on Sunday morning, Alex woke up aboutt 6:00 with a headache. I was in complete denial that he could be sick on a holiday were my dad was going to take us out for brunch. Unless we head to Minneapolis, I end up cooking for my family and I hate cooking so I was thinking that his little headache must pass. WRONG ~ he started vomiting which induces me to vomit…ug! I think I’m missing that gene that mother’s are suppose to have that enables them to swoop in and clean vomit while comforting their young ones at the same time. Whenever Alex gets sick, I spend a ridiculous amount of time contemplating on the serious health risk of just covering the vomit up with a newspaper rather than cleaning it up because I knew that I too will soon be kissing the porcelain. Anyway (TMO) I defiantly knew we were going nowhere today when he walked right past his Easter basket on his way back to bed and just said “look mom” in the most pitiful voice. So dad still came down to Madison, but we just had a small brunch at my place. We watched Easter service on cable television and Alex and I curled up in a blanket for most of the day. My dad brought down three of my guitars and serenaded us for awhile. I have so many wonderful childhood memories of listening to my dad play guitar and it makes me so happy when Alex experiences my dad’s talents as well.

So we watched Charlotte’s Web this afternoon and read a book titled “God’s Love at Easter” both of which were in his Easter basket. I loved the book “Charlotte’s Web” and thought the movie was super cute. Best line from the movie was when the horse sticks his neck outside and says “WHAT THE HAY”! HA – cracks me up.

Well, I hope you all had a wonderful and happy Easter!!!

7 comments:

Andrea said...

Well, it looks like he was soon feeling better. Too bad, though.

Btw, I'm missing that special gene, too, so don't feel too bad. I tried to help my oldest when he first got sick and found myself soon visiting the porcelain. So, ever since then, my husband has been responsible for taking care of the kids and the messes! Thank goodness!!! :)

Tracy said...

That's too bad that neither of you were feeling well yesterday. But at least the kids got some rearranging done the other day! HA! TOO FUNNY!

Amanda said...

I was feeling fine - it's just the cleaning of the vomit that made me sick. Luckily, he's feeling better though!

Just Mom said...

It was nice of your dad to visit you both and serenade you with song. Yay, Amanda's dad! Happy Easter to you.

Lori said...

Sorry to hear Alex was sick for Easter! That is no fun!

I agree it was nice of your dad to visit even though Alex was sick.

Happy Easter to you too~

Amanda said...

Yes, don't tell my sister or brother, but I am TOTALLY the favorite daughter ;)

Amber said...

Shayla was sick over the weekend too. They must have gotten a kindergarten bug!