Monday, March 5, 2007

Megan’s Birthday Bash!


Dr. Seuss is among the lucky people whose day of birth falls on a special holiday….my friend Megan’s birthday. After being snowed in for two days, I was ecstatic to be leaving the house. I was suffering severer cabin fever after being stuck indoors.
Anyway, my friend Megan had a black/white party this weekend so I pulled out that little black dress from my closet, used the duck-tape on parts of my body that needed a little adjusting, and went out on the town. We had such a fabulous time. I just met Megan a few months ago and we just clicked. She is one of those people whose smile and positive attitude just attracts people to her. We went out to Rumors bar for a few drinks/supper, then went to Teezers for a few drinks….then went to Rumors for a few drinks….notice a pattern here? And to think I was just going to have “one” and then head home since I wasn’t feeling well. Like I said, we were having such a great time laughing, joking, chatting…time literally flew by. Before I realized it, the bartender was calling last call for alcohol!! Alex was pretty funny before I went out….he and I baked cookies on Friday and due to sheer boredom, I pretty much gobbled the whole batch in addition to eating Mexican for lunch. Surprisingly (not), I was suffering an upset stomach before I left the house. I was telling the babysitter that I didn’t think I would stay out too long since I didn’t feel well and Alex pipes up and says “well mom, if you don’t feel well you probably shouldn’t be going out with your friends”! Then the next morning, the little man demanded pancakes at 7:00a.m. and when I suggested a bowl of cereal since mommy was tired he proclaims “well if you wouldn’t have stayed out so late with your friends, you wouldn’t be tired”! I hate it when my 6-year-old shows more common sense then I do! I hope he uses that same logic in ten years.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGAN!!!! MWA!



1 comment:

Lori said...

Looks like you had a very fun time.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Alex is funny. Well mom, if don't feel well you shouldn't be going out.