Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Jesus Paid it All

My faith has been challenged lately. Devotions, meditating, praying, church….they all felt like actions/task rather than worship. I have been praying that I get that fire in my heart. I’m sure that I’m probably just in a rut, but it is none the less frustrating. This is a very busy week for me and I’m going on about 12-hours of sleep. I have an organizational behavior exam tomorrow night, four macroeconomics papers due by Saturday and three art history papers due by Saturday. Oh and there is that 4-footer with big blue eyes and blond hair who keeps calling me mom. I tell myself “Amanda, put it on the cross and let God take control” but over and over I find myself stressing about things I have no control over and I don’t know why this is such a challenge for me.

Anyway, after putting Alex to bed tonight, I cracked the books ASAP. About 10:00 I decided that I needed a 15 minute break (that was about an hour ago) and decided to check out some blogs. I came across this video and I think it was just what I needed so I hope you all have time to check it out. I have tears running down my check after the first few seconds of the video. What a great reminder that Jesus paid for our sins and we are all given hope and salvation through him. It's difficult to soak it all in sometimes.

Okay ~ I have to hit the books but if you have time, lift up a prayer for an A on my exam Thursday night! ;)

6 comments:

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i don't think you have to guess what i think of this...i love your prayer to "put it on the cross and let God take control". i try to control way too much in my life too and then i wonder why it's spinning out of control so often. it's a simple...but powerful prayer!

i will pray for you today- for all of it!

Andrea said...

I'm rooting for you! And empathizing with you. Are you working on a bachelors or masters? It's very difficult to juggle school and a family and a job. Trust me, I know! I've told myself over the last four years, God wouldn't give me more than I could handle. Somehow it's got me through it all.

But now, as a fellow student, I gotta ask.......did you procrastinate with all those papers and save them all until the last minute?! If so, shame on you! :) Good luck!!

Amanda said...

Oh absolutely Andrea! I have known about my economics paper and my art history papers for about two weeks!!! ;) 99.9% of my energy level in the past few weeks went to fighting this PS2 thing with Alex. I don't think I'd be so stressed if this exam wasn't worth 50% of my overall grade for the class. I'm taking 1/2 day off from work today so I can go home and study some more this afternoon.

Sometimes I envy people who don't have to give their child a bath before a big exam, but then I think, not every "traditional college student" gets a good luck kiss from their son before taking an exam either!

Just Mom said...

I just prayed for you Amanda. :-)

By the way, I think the fact that you acknowledged you need to let God take control of things is a HUGE first step. Don't feel alone, though, I struggle with that too.

I've said it before, but you are an amazing woman, having to juggle single motherhood, a career and school. YIKES! Andrea, you amaze me too. Being a non-trad isn't easy.

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing the video and song. That was nice.

I will pray for you too today.
Good luck on your exam!

~ Amy ~ said...

Well, it's Friday and I just read your post. How did the exam go? Hopefully better than you expected!