Monday, July 16, 2007

We DON'T ID

My girlfriend Stacey and I went out to Hot Harley Nights on Saturday night. I was exhausted from being at our company picnic for seven hours but thought, what the heck. I suck it up, slip into my jeans, find my most flattering top and head out on the town. We arrive downtown and it's packed! After being at the picnic for an entire day, I told my partner in crime that I needed a beer. We waltz over to the beer stand, I dig for my identification that proves I am old enough to have a beer and the "ID guy" looks at me and says don't worry about it, we only card people 30 and under!


Ouch....and I didn't even bring my cane that night. First of all, I'm not even 30 yet! Secondly, I assume that with these events, those people who are in charge of checking identifications are always a bit conservative so if he was sure that I wasn't under 30, exactly how old did he think I looked? Needless to say, he didn't see any tips from me that night. I'll leave that to the under 30 crowd.

14 comments:

Andrea said...

OUCH!!

That will cause a person to drink EVEN more!! :)

So did you inform him just how old you were??!! I think I would have just to see the look on his face!

Amber said...

OUCH is right!

I would have DEMANDED a free beer for that comment!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

I heard about Harley Night on the news...sounds like quite and event.

Ouch is right....I would have demanded that he carded me and the free beer that Amber suggested!

Kerrie said...

Oh geeezzzz!! :(

Just Mom said...

He probably thought you were older than you are because you carry yourself well and appear intelligent. I'm always carded. :-/

Amanda said...

lol - good one just mom!!!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

what a schmuck! his mama definitely didn't teach him the fine art of flattery...although in his defense, he probably thought he was being a cute and 'letting' you slip by:-)

Amanda said...

PS - the picture next to the post is of my Saturday night...I thought I looked pretty good...no?

Tracy said...

Yikes...I would have very proudly told him how old you actually were...us 30 somethings enjoy being carded these days! RIGHT?!?

Amber said...

Serious question, is it worse for people to think your over 30 or only 12?! I've got the 12yo look going on-ugh

0:) Amber

Amanda said...

HA - Amber that is so funny. My girlfriend Deidre once got carded at the Mall of America for being there after 9:00p.m. because they thought she was under 16.....she is 26 years old

A mom said...

Men are complete morons. To bad you didn't bring your cane. You could have shoved it right up his .....

Jamie said...

**SMACK** right in the face. Did you tell him thanks!!

Lori said...

Ouch!!!