Friday, July 6, 2007

Happy 4th of July

Happy 4th of July to everyone! We had a pretty quiet 4th but it was still very nice. I spent a good part of the morning catching up on housework, laundry, dishes, blah blah blah and the Alex and I went out to the lake, went for a walk, played at the park and had a grand ole time. Then we drove to meet up with my dad for supper and fireworks. They had the giant accident-prone jumping things for the kids and pony rides along with karaoke. I told Alex that I would buy him a Lexus if he sang "He's Got The Whole World In His Hands" but no deal. A band out of Sioux Falls played for a few hours and then we watched the fireworks. Pretty boring but it was still very enjoyable.
Alex and I went to the pool yesterday and we saw another mom there who asked Alex what he has been doing this summer. His response....."driving my mom up a wall by saying mom...mom....mom....mom". I REALLY need to watch what I say around him. I'm a little concerned about him though. Lately he has been asking SO many questions about God and prayer...more than what I think other children his age questions. For example when we were sitting out at the lake, he asked "mom, how do you know God is listening" and "why did the bad people kill Jesus". I answered the questions the best I could but I don't know what's bringing it all on. I know that he has been through more trials then what a boy his age should have to go through and I don't know if the two are related or not. I guess I would rather having him asking the questions than not knowing anything about prayer, God, and salvation.
PS - the pictures were taken on my cell phone so they are not the best quality but he is just so darn cute!!

7 comments:

Amber said...

I think it's beautiful that your son is asking questions about Jesus and prayers. It just goes to show you are doing a WONDERFUL job as a mother!

God Bless,
Amber

PS~ I'll sing He's Got The Whole World In His Hands for a Lexus:D

Amber said...

Dang, what do I have to do in order for you to buy me a Lexus??

Amanda said...

Amber Kay - will you sing He's Got The Whole World In His Hands? Now...please remind Alex when he gets to that age where he will think he needs car that he had his shoot!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

Pony rides are the greatest...love the pics.

Just Mom said...

"Alex and I went to the pool yesterday and we saw another mom there who asked Alex what he has been doing this summer. His response....."driving my mom up a wall by saying mom...mom....mom....mom". "

BAH hahahahahahahahahahahaha.... (sorry). :-D

Jamie said...

I just think Alex is being curious about God. I think it is awesome when kids want to know more about Him without being told that they need too. What a good boy that Alex is!! :)

Lori said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful July 4th.

He really is inquisitive with all of his questions. That is good though.

I love the "I'm driving my mom up the wall". HeHe. Oops. I think I've told my kids that same thing a few times this summer too. HA

Just love that Twins shirt.