Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Summer Goals

LEARN TO GOLF! This is number one on my list since Alex really enjoys golfing. I've only tried to golf once and the person I was golfing with said I looked like Olive Oyle - all legs and arms. This was a bit discouraging - true but discouraging.... but I'm determined to learn this summer. (Also consider this a PSI announcement for those of you golfing with or around me - you might want to wear a helmet to protect yourself)

Teach Alex how to fish without depending on any of my friends/family/or friends husbands I LOVE to eat fish but hate touching the slimy bastards! Ick - I'm cringing just thinking about this one.

Have a picnic with my friends. I really don't do this often enough. It seems that summer comes and goes and I rarely get time to just sit in the grass with my girlfriends and visit. Okay - maybe my new summer hat is motivating me on this one but it's really cute and it would look so darn good sitting on my head in the park.


Dunk my head under water I'm deathly afraid of water

Continue my devotions I'm a slacker in the summer when it comes to devotions. NEED TO CONTINUE DEVOTIONS!!!!

Alright - summer is only 3 months long so I think I have enough to keep me busy.

11 comments:

Tracy said...

Great goals!!

I have ZERO patience for golfing or fishing!!

Hopefully Dawson doesn't enjoy either...hehe!

Amanda said...

Oh I'm the same way - that's why they're goals. Don't know if I'll accomplish them but I'll give it my best shot!

Once I become a golfer and a fisher - Dawson can tag along with Alex and I!

OH - I just had a visual of me in plaid pants with a fishing vest and my new summer hat!

Shanley said...

Sounds like a great summer ahead of you! I am a beginner golfer as well, last summer i didn't get to go once... maybe this summer!

Heidi Jo Comes said...

i love this list! okay, so i learned to golf BEFORE we got married...otherwise, it would have definitely never happened. i would suggest lessons. anyone besides a professional that tells you how to do it will probably end up with an iron wrapped around their neck:-) seriously.

i haven't golfed since kate was a baby though now...so i'm hoping it's like riding a bike and it will just come back to me- ya think?

fishing...i guess that one will be dad's job, although he doesn't do it either- but i'm definitely not!

the water thing...i love to swim and play with my kids in the water, but i panic a bit at the thought of dunking my head. i don't know what it is...but i never learned to go under without plugging my nose and i feel like such a ninny when i have to plug my nose.

devotions...if you accomplish any of these, this one will get you the farthest! :-)

Jamie said...

Great goals and good luck with those especially on the fishing!!

Speaking of golfing...that is what I am doing tonight at the Lakes! I love to golf although I am not very good. I have my MOMENTS of shear excellence....who am I kidding..those moments are few and far between!

Amanda said...

Believe me Jamie - next to me you probably look like Tiger Woods!

Rita Loca said...

Just being together learning all this will be a great summer!

Lori said...

Great goals Amanda

I need to keep up with my devotions too.

We love to go fishing as a family and take our boat.

I'm not a golfer, but Derek and Al like to golf.

A mom said...

Those are some great goals! I for one, am a huge fan of hats and I think your plan is genious. As far as golfing, I am almost certain they would go on lockdown if they saw me coming. :o)

A mom said...

PS~ I would have never guessed that you were one of the girls who was not pursued by looking at your picture. Men are fools!!!

Dawn said...

Great goals. Hope you do far better than I do with summer plans. I always realize summer is just about over and I haven't yet done anything I planned on! Definately the devotions is the most important, and probably the hardest.
Sounds like you and your little guy will have a wonderful summer!