Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Need More Sleep.....

Yet another story for Alex to add to his book “My life with a crazy mother”

I’m beyond sleep deprived because of my finals. It’s been 3:00a.m. bedtimes and 6:00a.m. wake up times and for some people, three hours of sleep may be enough sleep – but it’s defiantly not enough for me. Last night, I gave Alex his bath and we snuggled in the living room to read “Walter the Farting Dog”. Apparently I can read this book in my sleep now because that’s just want I did….I fell asleep with Alex still sitting on my lap. Then next thing I knew, I woke up and Alex had apparently put a blanket on me and crashed on the floor beside me. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the clock – 8:12. CRAP!!!! (Pardon my French) Alex immediately looked at me and said “mom…that’s a bad word” I jumped up and ran to my bedroom to find some cloths to wear. Alex needs to be at school at 8:10 and I need to be to work by 8:00. Here’s what the conversation sounded like –

Alex – Mom, what are you doing?
Mom – Alex, you and mommy need to get dressed REALLY fast!!!!
Alex – Why?
Mom – Because we’re late!!!!
Alex – Late for what?
Mom – (getting frustrated that her cub is arguing with her – refer to the previous post) WE’RE LATE FOR SCHOOL AND WORK!
Alex – Why do I have to go to school?
Mom – (more frustrated) Alex, you need to go to school so you can receive an education. Education is important because the more knowledge you have, the more you can do for the world – that’s why we go to the bank every month and put money in your savings. NOW GET DRESSED!
Alex – But mom, why do I need to go two times in one day?

Yep – it was 8:12p.m.

10 comments:

Andrea said...

OH, that is too funny! I hear you on the sleep deprivation.

I finished up my one and only final yesterday and let me tell you, I'm one HAPPY chick! :)

I'm hoping now that school is done I'll sleep better...only time will tell.

Just Mom said...

Holy cow! You definitely need more sleep!

By the way, that was very sweet of your Alex to get you a blanket.

Amanda said...

That was SO sweet Aisha! He tucked me in and grabbed a blanket for himself. I was a little surprised I didn't wake to find him with a HUGE bowl of ice cream watching late night TV.

Andrea - Congrats and I hope you rest easy! You deserve it girl!

Lori said...

I hope you can get some more rest girl. I'll say a prayer for you.

Jamie said...

WOW - you DO need more sleep girl!

You did give me a good laugh this morning! :)

Have a good Tuesday!

~ Amy ~ said...

Oh, you crack me up!!!

Awhhh, what a little sweetie for giving you a blanket. There's almost nothing worse than that panic moment. It's like your heart drops to your knees. We had one of those just this morning. Trevor forgot to set the alarm and so we woke up about 15 minutes before the bus was going to arrive.

I bet it was nice to know you still had some more sleeping time left.

Heidi Jo Comes said...

wow, you need a vacation!

Amanda said...

Yepper Heidi! When do we leave!!!

Frazzled Farm Wife said...

That is so funny, you really do need to get more sleep! Good thing he is keeping you on track!

Tracy said...

That was the funniest thing I have read in a LONG time. I am so sorry you are so tired and yes, you need a vacation!!! I hope life slows down a bit for you real soon!